Welcome to the website of the the Graduate Student Advisory Committee (GSAC) of the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at University of California, Berkeley. Our goal is to improve the graduate life experience of students in this department. We provide input and assistance with departmental functions and policies that affect the graduate student body.
Some of our activities include:
- Organize and run socials (ChemE kegs, softball, etc.)
- Invite colloquium speakers for the Science and Society Student-invited speaker series
- Organize industry-related events (panels, info sessions, etc.)
- Organize department holiday parties, graduation parties, picnics, and sports events
- Compile data on housing costs for students and lobbying for pay raises
- Help recruiting new graduate students
- Provide input on curriculum changes
- Community outreach
- Maintain Graduate Student Lounge
- Distribute information from the department to all the labs
Meetings are one hour monthly and are posted to the calendar. If you have ideas for improving graduate life, come to the meeting and volunteer to help implement them!